Update: I've published an easier way using BossPrefs
For those who need to spoof their MAC address in the iPhone, follow these instructions:
1. Install Term-vt100 on you iPhone (via the App installer & Conceited Software source, also available in cydia)
2. Open the terminal (default password is "alpine"), if it doesn't ask for password, run 'su' then type 'apline'
-- Do use local terminal rather than SSH since you're gonna change network configuration.
3. Run "ifconfig", and write down you original MAC address as appears in ifconfig output (see snapshot above)
4. Choose fake MAC address (for those who's trying to bypass MAC filtering mechanism, you need to find one, use your imagination.. or sneak to your friends laptop -- avoid MAC conflicts!)
5. Run the following commands on your iPhone
echo "ifconfig en0 ether ORIG_MAC
echo "ifconfig en0 ether FAKE_MAC
chmod +x mac_fake.sh mac_orig.sh
6. We're done, to switch to the new MAC address:
- Run (from terminal) "./mac_fake.sh"
to switch back to your original MAC address:
- Run (from terminal) "./mac_orig.sh"
NOTE: your MAC is restored after iPhone restart
If you wish to make your fake MAC constant:
3. Restart your iphone