Thursday, December 04, 2008
iPhone MAC Spoofing
I have suggested a way to spoof your MAC address on iPhone.
Here is a simpler way that makes use of BossPrefs for MAC spoofing.
1. If BossPrefs is not installed, install it via Cydia.
2. Lunch BossPrefs, click config, click add
3. Enter the following info:
Name: Mac Spoof
Start: ifconfig en0 ether FAKE_MAC (For example: ifconfig en0 ether 00:14:dd:11:02:79)
Stop: ifconfig en0 ether ORIG_MAC
Process: leave empty
Icon: leave empty
4. Click save
We're done :)
Each time you want to spoof your MAC, do it easily via BossPrefs.
- MAC address for example: 00:14:dd:11:02:79
- ORIG_MAC = Your original mac address; from iPhone: go to settings, General, WiFi Address
- FAKE_MAC = Your fake mac address; from Windows: start, type cmd, type ipconfig -all, and examine the output for your wireless network connection MAC address
- This was tested on FW 2.2, it should work on all versions where BossPrefs is installed
- Sometimes, after you turn it "on", and then want to it turn "off", you'll find that it's already in "off" state, In this case turn it "on" then "off" again. Thanks for Anonymous for pointing this out :)