Issue: "Open With" menu has duplicate entries
Fix: Rebuild the Launch Services database
Reference: Apple Support Communities #4250905
- Download the script
If the browser shows the script as a text file, right-click on the script content, then "save as".
On Safari: "save page as", then select "Format: Page Source" and keep the file name as is.
- Open mac os terminal: Applications/Terminal
- In the Terminal window, gGo to the folder that contains the script e.g. "cd ~/Downloads"
- Run: "sudo sh mac-os-rebuild-launch-db.sh" (type root password if needed)
- Relaunch the finder: ctrl+option+click-on-finder-icon, then select "relaunch"
- "open with" menu should be fixed now